Sunday, April 27, 2008

If I had ______ I would do ________.

This was a part of today's message by Phil McElhenny, pastor of Kalamazoo First, Portage, MI. The message was about the existence of God, and our needing to ask questions of people. Part of what he said dealt with outlining the various arguments for the existence of God. One of those things was the idea that we can dream.

He asked us to fill in the blanks to: If I had ________ I would do __________.

Quite intriguing to me. The temptation is to answer selfishly. What if we were to answer selflessly? How much good could be done in the world? How much of the fragrance of Jesus could we spread around?

 Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me,
All His wonderful passion and purity;
O Thou Spirit divine, all my nature refine,
Till the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.
Jones and Hayworth

What could we dream of together? Is anything to big for God? Perhaps our conception of God is too small?

No comments: