Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bread or Stones

While preparing to share tonight at our prayer meeting about the persistent widow and the unjust judge, I realized that God is not some tight-fisted, bitter, and angry God, from whose hand we are lucky to pull out one blessing. Rather, God is like my father (and mother) who gives all that he can to his children. If I ask him for bread he is not going to give me a stone.

When I call my parents, they drop everything and talk to me. That is the way that God is. (He doesn't drop the cosmos, of course, but you know what I mean.) My Heavenly Father is concerned about my needs, even if they seem small in comparison with the things on his plate (natural disasters, war, injustice, etc.) He knows my name and spoke to him just a few minutes ago.

No comments: