Monday, April 21, 2008

Funeral sermon times seven!

Attended the funeral (part one anyway) of Juri Filipov, the director of the Teen Challenge center in Vilnius. We will finish it up tomorrow afternoon. There were seven preaches, your truly being one of them. It was in Russian (which I don't know) but at least I had an interpreter. My poor wife didn't have that and resorted to over 200 people who were in attendance. That was a lot of people and you can't believe the flowers! Very amazing. The music? Well, let's just say it gives "dirge" a whole new meaning

This has me thinking what I want my funeral to be like.
  1. I want it to be happy- Happy that I am finally with Jesus.
  2. I want there to be a great worship band- Worshipping God just like I am doing.
  3. I would like there to be few flowers and instead people would donate to Teen Challenge Lithuania
  4. I would like a certain pastor to do the service, (Kandra knows) Others can have some minutes, but he should have the bulk of it.
  5. I would like there to be an appropriate way for people to respond to my greatest desire: that they would know Christ.
It may be a bit morbid to think of, but thinking through it seems to be a good idea. I mean, who would want the very last thing you do on earth to be done in a way not in keeping with your desires?

Think about it.

No comments: