Sunday, January 14, 2007

My New Motto

Oharaville wrote in his blog about Today at the Mission, a blog about "Daily Life in a Homeless Shelter." The author is an incredible writer and has some insights that are pretty humbling. For example, his "Following Jesus Manifesto" is a tall order and the "Irreducible Minimum" is something that I will use over and over.

"Love God. Love each other - everything else is culture." I have changed my header to reflect this new motto. I think it really catches the essence of the change that is necessary in my life and ministry. It is what I have been trying to say for some time now. It is the Jesus Creed. Perfect!

What significant thoughts! I am speechless over the manifesto, and the Irreducible Minimum is something that goes beyond the typical definitions and gets to the heart of the matter. It reveals what is fluff and what is core! We need more core at Kelyje!

No comments: